Times are shown in your local time zone GMT
NSW Health’s Office for Health and Medical Research provides researchers, clinicians, managers and policy makers with the tools they need to translate research into innovative policy and practice to create healthier communities and deliver better patient care.
The integration of health and medical research within the NSW health system supports innovation and builds a strong culture of continuous improvement to ensure we deliver the best evidence-based health care.
Within the Office, clinicaltrialsNSWprovides leadership for clinical trials across the State through programs that enable capacity, capability and collaboration.
The benefits of clinicaltrialsNSW programs for the NSW health system include:
- attracting more clinical trials to NSW and increasing the number of clinical trial sites
- supporting quality academic and investigator-initiated clinical trials that embed research into clinical practice
- developing workforce expertise in clinical translation and development through clinical trials
- facilitating patient access to and participation in clinical trials
- improving health outcomes through development of and access to innovative medical therapies and technologies and provision of comparative evidence.
For information on how NSW Health’s clinicaltrialsNSW unit can help you establish your clinical trial, please contact us.